Why so many rules?
We understand you all just want to come along and have fun - we want that too. To enable us to do this event we have to have things in place to keep everyone safe, to enable us to continue to use this fantastic venue and to do as the local council ask of us as part of our licence agreement. We ask you to read and follow the rules so we can keep on giving you this space to have fun with your families and friends.
What is your COVID-19 Policy for members of the public?
- · We are asking that all members of the public take a Lateral Flow Test prior to setting off to Field of Dreams, obviously if this comes back positive, you must not attend, please go for a PCR and if positive please then send proof to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with the rollover of your ticket after this year's event.
· You must not attend the weekend if you have been experiencing Covid symptoms or have been told to self isolate through the NHS.
· Practice social distancing where you can and sanitise regularly to prevent the spread of the virus.
· Respect each others space and choices, including our staff. If people wish to wear face coverings we in fact encourage this at the event but appreciate it is no longer a requirement in covered areas.
· If one of your party is suspected to have contracted the COVID-19 virus or has symtoms please get in touch with us asap to discuss options, you can call 07494175088. Please be sure to wear a mask, return to your camp and then you will need to leave the site to get a PCR test, if negative you may of course return to site, we will need to see proof of this. If it comes back as positive, do not return to site, if it's before midday on Saturday we will off you a ticket for next year, we will of course need proof of your positive test, you can email this to email@example.com adn we will deal with it after this year's event is over. There will be full instructions given on entering the site.
What are the site tules in brief?
· We will have an 11:30pm noise curfew. Please respect others around you and adhere to this.
· Strictly no glass to be brought onsite please.
· If one of your party is suspected to have contracted the COVID-19 virus please get in touch with us asap to discuss options.
· No fires, fire pits or unraised BBQ’s are permitted on site
· No large gas canisters (greater than 2.7kg) are permitted onto site
· No sky lanterns (they are harmful to animals and a fire hazard)
· Please do not camp in the marked out fire lanes, we will have to move you if you do
· No smoking of cigarettes or vaping in tented areas, this is against the law
· No drugs are permitted on site
· Please use the bins provided and keep our site clean and tidy
· Antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in you being removed from site
· If you need to drive whilst on site please ensure you keep to the 5mph speed limit and be cautious of those around you
· During the pandemic we are asking that you take as much of your rubbish home with you - we understand that this may not be possible, there are skips and bins on site - please use them if you're unable to take it away with you, thank you.
Are watercooled vehicles allowed into the show?
Yes! - Everyone is welcome to attend the show.
We want everyone to come and enjoy seeing classic volkswagens at our Aircooled
Field of Dreams VW show. Aircooled camping is strictly for Aircooled vehicles as
they are parked within the show area; to form part of the shows theme. The General
camping area is as it sounds, a mixture of aircooled, watercooled or whatever you
arrive to the show in. Besides, we also know that many aircooled owners own watercooled
Volkswagens, or simply just wish to camp with friends who do not own an aircooled Volkswagen.
Can I bring my dog(s) to the show?
Yes! - Well behaved dogs are more than welcome,
they are your responsibility and MUST be kept on a lead at all times and cleaned up after. Be aware, you could be
evicted from the show without a refund being issued, if your dog/pet endangers other members of the public and/or other
dogs/pets at the show.
Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
We recommend that you do as it benefits us both. You save money by buying in advance plus you
will be allowed earlier entry to the showground with pre-booked
tickets. For local traffic management, pre-booked ticket holders will be allowed entry at 2:00pm on Friday 1st Sept., while on
the gate ticket sales start later at 6:00pm that day. Another benefit for you is that tickets purchased at
the gate are more expensive than those bought ahead of time on-line. For us, we can gain an insight into
how many to expect and we're thus better able to plan ahead of time and for instance improve the facilities
and number of traders on offer etc.
What time can I come on the Friday?
Up to 9:30pm If you have bought your tickets in advance, you may arrive from 2pm on the Friday. If you are buying tickets on the gate, these will be available from 6pm, we do this to help the local community and stagger the traffic. Gates will be closed at 9:30pm.
Traders may arrive from 11am on the Friday
Where is the show and hoow do I get there?
Escrick Park Estate, York, YO19 6EA - The post code given here should get you right there. Why not have a look online using for instance
Google Maps or your SatNav using the Post Code listed (YO19 6EA). You should find that you arrive towards the show ground via the A19 (towards the town of Escrick, York). As you get
closer, road signs to the show are provided. Please plan ahead, visit the Field of Dreams Facebook page or email us (days not hours before) if you are still unsure.
When will my tickets arrive?
Emailed directly to you when payment online is completed - Please check your Junk Mail Folder. At times, because
you may not have contacted us before, your email provider may think our email (of your tickets) is spam/junk and place our email to you in your
Junk Folder. If after checking, you still cannot find our email of the tickets; There is no need to worry. Everything is logged in our state-of-the-art payment processing system. Simply get in touch with us via either: Facebook, email, or even Twitter
and we will help resolve the issue. PRINT AND TAKE YOUR TICKET(s) WITH YOU TO THE SHOW, OR HAVE THEM ON YOUR PHONE READY TO BE SCANNED ON THE GATE.
I can't come now, can I get a refund?
Tickets are non-refundable - We can’t offer any exchanges or refunds if the event is going ahead on the date originally planned - but how about selling your tickets to another fan for the price you paid?
Please note: before buying tickets it's really important to double check all the event details and make sure you're 100% happy before going ahead.
If the event has to be cancelled or isn’t going ahead on the date originally planned, tickets will be rolled over to the new date.
Will there be on-site First Aid and Security?
Yes to both - Your safety and well-being is important to us. Our First Aid
and Security members are on-site day and night throughout the duration of the event, helping to ensure everyone enjoys the weekend safely.
Are Fires allowed?
NO; NO GROUND FIRES! - We can only keep using this show-ground if we abide
by the rules given to us. Escrick Park Estate does not allow for fire damage done to their grounds. Please help us to keep the show going by simply
finding other ways to keep warm; come and dance with us in the main tent! Please no fires / do not burn any part of where you are camped.
What about BBQ's, are they allowed?
ON ONE CONDITION - it does not burn the grass! - We know from previous years that we can
rely on you to act responsibly. Do not for instance, use a disposable BBQ on the ground. It will burn the ground beneath it. If you have a BBQ which is raised high enough away
from the ground - that's fine. Our security team will only eject those who deliberately ignore our request and risk the future of the show for us all.
Can I bring my own alcohol?
Yes you can - Though you probably won't need to. We have an on-site
bar and a range of spirits, flavoured cider, ales provided around the show ground; all priced to keep you happy. NO GLASS ON SITE
What about alcohol in the main tent area?
Good question; read on.. - A bar is provided inside. Also note that for your own safety and others when on
the main show ground,
NO GLASS IS PERMITTED - transfer your drink to a plastic cup. Please also be aware, for your safety and that of others, bottles are NOT allowed this site has livestock when there's no event on so please be mindful at any time.
Can we play our own music at night?
Yes; with the usual respect for other campers. - Remember this is a chilled out, family friendly camping weekend.
Music during the day and evening is fine in all camping areas. At the end of the main show, some will want to keep partying at their camp area, some will just want to go to sleep. Keep it relaxed, respectful and
everything is fine. Be noisy and disruptive, and our security team will first ask and expect you to 'keep it down'. We would not want to, but we reserve the right
to eject anyone from the show ground (without refund) if continued requests to comply with the show rules are ignored.
What's the rules for the Show n Shine; how do I enter my car?
Aircooled VWs only! - Remember this is an aircooled VW
show. As such, only aircooled VWs are allowed in the Show n Shine display which takes place on Sunday the 3rd September. It doesn't matter
what condition your beloved VW is in - we all want to see it. No need to pre-book, simply drive your vehicle to the main show area before 10:30am. Event staff will be on hand to assist with 'where to park' and entry forms.
My club or friends have a mix of VW's, where do I book?
General camping - This area as the name suggests, accommodates the many who attend the show
in non-vw cars and those who are in VW clubs which have a mixture of Aircooled and Watercooled VW's. The show is for everyone to enjoy so come along by whatever means you can. The Aircooled theme applies to the display and main show area.
Can I come just for the day?
Yes you can! - Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 5th Sept 2021 are both open to 'day only' visitors. Simply use the link provided to visit our Tickets for the show page and select the day ticket(s) you require.
I've got a few VW bits and bobs; can I sell them at the show?
Yes you can! - But how much stuff are you talking about? To Trade at the
show, you need to be approved by us and have paid for your required trade pitch. Got a handfull of odds and ends? There will be an area set aside for autojumble so we encourage you to bring all your unwanted aircooled parts, autojumble pitches are free and will always be free at FoD! firstname.lastname@example.org